Saturday 9 June 2012

Rafa's Pre Final Press Conference

New post on freedomtennis RAFAEL NADAL Pre-final press conference June 09 2012 by freedomtennis RAFAEL NADAL   Q.  There are a lot of talk about the weather tomorrow, that maybe it is going to rain all day, and the final could be moved to Monday.  Have you been said anything about it?  What do you think? RAFAEL NADAL:  What I can think?  What can I think?  If rains, rains, then we play Monday.  That's all.   Q.  Nobody told you anything already? RAFAEL NADAL:  I heard things, that there is chances to rain.  But I cannot think about that.  I have to think that I gonna play tomorrow and be focused for tomorrow.  Then if rains, wait, and if not, come for Monday.   Q.  Novak describes this as the ultimate challenge for him, the final tomorrow, because there is so much riding on it more than just the title, with all the records that are attached to it.  How do you see it? RAFAEL NADAL:  For him?  To win four in a row?   Q.  Yes. RAFAEL NADAL:  Yeah, it's good.  Is an opportunity for him.  He's the No. 1 of the world.  He is doing fantastic season.  We'll see tomorrow. Gonna be a difficult match ‑ for me; hopefully for him, too.  I will try my best, as every day.   Q.  The Melbourne final was the toughest, most brutal tennis match most of us had ever seen.  Do you foresee even greater physical endurance and strength being needed in this final? RAFAEL NADAL:  Before the final is difficult to imagine another match of six hours.  Difficult to imagine a match like this. But I will be there fighting every ball.  We cannot predict what's going on.  The only thing that I have to predict that he is playing well, he is playing with confidence, and I have to play aggressive, I have to play my game. Try to keep playing the same way that I am playing.  We will see what is happening then during the match.  Try to find solutions if the things are going wrong.  But I don't know what can happen.   Q.  Do you feel more pressure this year because you can break Borg's record, or is it pressure as usual? RAFAEL NADAL:  I had the chance to break the Borg record because I won already six.  The pressure is the same every year.  I am here because I try my best every day and because I have a lot of motivation, the illusion to try to win the tournament, not because ‑ I said it almost every day ‑ not because it's the seventh, because it's Roland Garros.  It's one of my top tournaments of the year, if not the most important. So seriously, extra pressure for me for being the seventh is zero.  The pressure is the same because is another final of Roland Garros, and that's the most important thing for me. In the end, if finally happens, gonna be another thing that maybe is important, maybe not that much important like the people say.  For me, the important thing is Roland Garros.   Q.  Does your solid match from yesterday makes you maybe a bit more relaxed? RAFAEL NADAL:  You cannot be relaxed against the No. 1 player of the world.  The match of yesterday just give me confidence.  That's confirm that I am playing well.  I play well almost every day.  That's the most important thing for me, no? For sure, I will have my doubts for tomorrow.  For sure I have to respect the other opponent.  He beat me a lot of times. But I am here to fight every ball and to try my best in every moment.  We'll see.   Q.  Can you talk about what the rivalry with Novak means to you since last year and this year? RAFAEL NADAL:  No, tomorrow is another match.  You know, we played a lot of important matches throughout our careers, both of us against each other, so that makes the rivalry, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment