Saturday 21 April 2012

Novak Talks After Haase Victory

Taken from Novak's press conference of Friday 20 April.

“Yesterday I received the news at wrong time,” Djokovic said. “Today was a bit better, but still a lot of emotional ups and downs throughout the match. But look, you know, I’m playing tennis. I’m very satisfied that I was able to, you know, compose myself and get on the court and try to win matches.”

“But I’m a professional in one hand, and life goes on,” he said. “I know that I cannot change anything now. Obviously it’s what life gives you and takes you. It’s a normal circle of life. I was very close to him, so it was a big loss for me and all the family. But he’s with me, I know that, in spirit. I’m remembering only the nicest memories, and that’s what gave me strength to play yesterday and today.”

“No, it’s not possible,” Djokovic said. “It’s a very sensitive thing to talk about really. Every religion has a different way of proceeding, the funerals, life itself. I like to believe that when a person goes away from this world, the spirit stays and just moves to another living being, and we should celebrate the life that that person left behind. So I tried to focus on that. Obviously it’s not an easy task to talk about because you keep on thinking about a person not being present. But, look, you know, I have the nicest memories only. I would like it to stay that way.”

The funeral will be today so Novak cannot attend. Hopefully he can find the strength to overcome Tomas today and continue his run.

Ajde Nole!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment