Sunday 22 April 2012

It's Rafa's Turn Today

8 on the spin now in Monte Carlo, a record I think that will stand forever.

I did not catch the match as I am out today but the score line looks impressive from Nadal's point of view. 6-3 6-1 against the player that frankly has been beating you easy over the past year is going to be a huge boost for Rafa.

What happened to Novak? I will not make excuses but had the emotion of this week finally got to him? He made the decision to play and I am sure he gave it his all but it was just not quite enough today.

Is it Rafa's turn to hold aloft the winners trophies?

I personally think it is only 30-15 to Rafa right now. Novak has come a long way with his mental strength and will be quite philosophical about this week as a whole.

Rafa has to build on this, he has to play well in Barcelona and not lose focus.

Will this match have a bearing on the next three tournaments that both players will compete at (Madrid, Rome, French Open)?

One thing for sure, those three tournaments have been blown wide open today. By that I mean the other players in the mix, notably Federer, will look at this week and think "maybe I can beat Novak, maybe if I do this or that I have a shot at Rafa. Whatever happens I hope this is the start of a classic clay season.

Vamos Rafa
Chin up Novak

No comments:

Post a Comment